Monday, October 20, 2008, 1:09 PM
♥ Commitment ♥
1. the trait of sincere and steadfast fixity of purpose; "a man of energy and commitment" [syn: committedness]
2. the act of binding yourself (intellectually or emotionally) to a course of action; "his long commitment to public service"; "they felt no loyalty to a losing team"
3. an engagement by contract involving financial obligation; "his business commitments took him to London"
4. a message that makes a pledge
5. the official act of consigning a person to confinement (as in a prison or mental hospital)
This is one word that everyone is afraid of.